Saturday, October 6, 2007

Blaze, the Orange Teddy Bear

Pattern: Baby Bobbi Bear
Yarn: Frog Tree Alpaca - Sportweight #20 and #45
Needles: US size 9, dpn
Began: August 11, 2007
Finished: October 5, 2007

Here he is in all his orange-y glory! Guess who picked out the yarn!?! I was on vacation and had heard about this great yarn shop in Charleston called "Knit." So, I decided that was going to be on my list of places to visit. I had TL and MM with me, of course, so when I saw the cute little pattern, I asked TL if he'd like a new teddy, and then asked him to pick out one of the three colors on the pattern photo. He went straight to the dark orange with forest green eyes. As I tried to protest, MM said, "It's going to be his bear, let him get what he wants." The rest is history. I have decided (and started to knit 10 minutes after Blaze had his face) to knit him a little sweater, in hopes it will tone down the brightness.

4 comments:

Jay Queue said...

Post number 100!! I didn't see any streamers or confetti when I hit "post," though...too bad.

WK said...

I like it. of course my favorite teddy bear was a hand-me-down and almost worn out when I got her, so my Mom had to do serious repairs on her. She wound up wearing pink polyester Dr Dentons (she still does, in fact). But of course, a sweater is needed just on principle.

And you only made it 100 because I had my lame "I'll post more soon" post yesterday. That'll teach me -- I would have been 100 if I had just waited to post until I actualy had something to say.

Jay Queue said...

Oh yes, I realized I didn't deserve to have the 100 spot, I was just happy all that the blog had reached that number. Mostly due to you, I know. But I didn't notice we were that close until after I'd hit post ...

Sari said...

I need this patern.