Wednesday, June 6, 2007

First Raglan Update

My goodness but it's been a while since I've had time to add updates to the blog! I have been learning a lot in class and have made great progress on the sweater I'm knitting. I have the whole back done, as well as both sleeves. I am just about to start the decreases for the v-neck and the sleeve inset area. Here's a photo I took just a few minutes ago, after I'd set the pieces out to be blocked, but before the wet towel came out of the washer...
Pattern: My First Raglan, Lisa Knits #SW-024
Yarn: Filtes King Australian Merino (product of Italy) 100% Merino Virgin Wool
It's supposed to be shrink resistant according to the label. Color #1021
Needles: US size 5 for ribbing, US 6 for the rest.
Began: May 3, 2007 at around 8 pm
Finished: TBD


The mat that I've pinned the sweater parts to has been covered in clear shelf liner so that the ink from the cardboard mat will not run all over my wet knits. I like using this mat because it has the grid, which is marked in 1-inch increments, so it's easy to make the pieces measure what they should. I put it on a bed, so the pins go right through and hold everything in place.

It doesn't really seem like it's been over a month since I started this project, but then again, a lot of stuff have happened. Including that my friend had her baby (2 weeks early) and I rushed off finishing BBBB#3, and gave it to her, once again forgetting to take a photo of the finished blanket. Oh well, I'm pretty sure she'll let me take one sometime.

No comments: