Sunday, July 25, 2010

400 Knitting Stitches : a complete dictionary of essential stitch patterns- review

I had high hopes for this book, and the online reviews looked good. However--it is not something I feel compelled to add to my knitting library.
+lots of interesting patterns, arranged in logical categories
+charts included (not that I care)
+binding lets the book mostly lie flat when you have it open
+18.95 list price is decent

-instructions sort of ramble on and don't have line breaks--so they sort of go like this 1st:blah blah blah. 2th, 7th, 9th rows do this. 3rd do something else.
-no yarn or needle size recommendations--you are just supposed to intuit what would work best
-the title made me think this would be very comprehensive, but there were lots of patterns missing

Check this out from the library before purchasing.

No comments: