Monday, July 16, 2007

Get rid of the stash? No Way

Ok, I have to admit that I didn't think Des Moines would have any great knitting shops. However--I was wrong. Creative Corner in Valley Junction has stuff I've never seen before. Even better=good prices. I purchased 5 different skeins there (for, you know=dog & cat projects).

My favorite has to be Araucanias Nature Wool Chunky. I bought color 108, an orange to make ST a felted sweater. It worked up beautifully, and I hope it felts nicely too. $8.95 for 100 gram ball, and it looks just like Manos but at nearly half the price. Next on my list to try from them is alpaca.

1 comment:

Jay Queue said...

Hey there!
Glad to hear you found some yarn shops in Des Moines. I didn't know there were any, either.

I looked up the Araucanias yarn, and it looks really nice. I'll have to check the LYS to see if I can find any to touch, too.